Sunday, August 14, 2011

Summer is Over

Yep, I said it.  Summer is over.  The kids go back to school TOMORROW.  I have enjoyed this summer but it just flew by so quickly.  My business has suffered, thanks to summer.  Sales have been slow, but steady.  But, watch out, local thrift stores... I'll be back this week! 

My oldest son has taken the fall semester off at college and moved away (today) temporarily for an internship in his field of study, Mechanical Engineering.  I'm pretty excited for him, but I'll be so glad when he comes home.  He'll be making pretty good money for a 20 year old, too.  I hope he saves most of his earnings!

I'll have two in high school this year (9th and 11th), one in middle school (7th) and one in elementary school (5th).  My mornings and afternoons are spent sitting in car lines at three different schools.  Somewhere in between, I hope to find time to tackle some housework, some thrifting, some listing and (hopefully) lots of shipping.  Unfortunately, we thought we were Congress this summer and spent more money than we could afford to spend.  Argggg...

So, stay tuned!  I plan to be back very soon with more tales from my adventures in thrifting.  Here's hoping for lots of great sales for us all.   'Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment