Sunday, March 13, 2011

Oh, you don't WORK...

Nope.  The toilets around here clean themselves, the kids just appear at school every morning and the groceries just find their way into the pantry, fridge and freezer all by themselves.  And, my eBay store inventory just pops into my office, lists itself, sells itself and ships itself to addresses worldwide.

Of course, I'm being sarcastic.  That's just another service I offer!  Yes, I work.  I have a job.  Actually, I have MANY jobs.  But, only one of them pays money.  Yes, I sell on eBay, Amazon.com, Addoway and Bonanza.  I shop at local thrift stores, garage & yard sales and other such places to find my inventory.  It's great fun and my new desktop computer I bought from Dell makes it so much more enjoyable.

I bring home my finds, clean them up, research them, set up my photo background, photograph them with my Canon Digital Rebel XTi camera, edit the photos with Picasa or Photoscape, upload the photos to Seller Sourcebook, weigh each item, write my descriptions and post them to eBay.  While I thoroughly enjoy it, it IS WORK.  Daily sales are my reward!  That's when I am paid for my hard work.  I receive payments instantly via Paypal, package each item in free Priority Mail boxes provided by the United States Postal Service (or recycle boxes to use for first Class or Parcel Post), weigh the packages and print postage with Endicia.   Then, off to the post office I go!  Of course, it isn't absolutely necessary to go to the post office.  I can request a carrier pickup if I want. 

This all happens in between laundry, dishes, dinner, cleaning toilets, vacuuming, taking kids to school and other activities and such.    And, when January comes around, Turbo Tax becomes one of my best friends.  No need to pay an accountant!  Then, to celebrate a great sale, I can buy a DEEPLY discounted restaurant gift certificate on Restaurant.com and enjoy a cheap meal. 

Now, if you are interested in learning to sell on eBay, come join myself and my "co-workers" in eBay Underground.  It's a great group and, best of all, it's FREE!



2 comments:

  1. i LOVE it! i used to get that all the time from my inlaws (not my mil or fil, but hubby's cousins and such) when i ran my ebay store. now that i "work" at the kid's cafeteria at their school, they see that as a real job! weird... i was making a ton more money sitting in my house at my desk than running around for 5 hours like a crazy person feeding kids! i'll take that job any day over what i do now and i am hoping by next school year, i'll be back at it! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Wende! Sorry that somehow I am just now seeing them two months later. I hope you are able to open your eBay store once again!

    ReplyDelete